DeltaCad® is a powerful, easy to learn CAD (Computer Aided Design)
program designed to meet all of your CAD needs. It can produce accurately
scaled architectural or mechanical drawings, or just pretty pictures to
paste into your favorite word processor. DeltaCad is more than just a paint
program, because you can edit, scale, move, rotate, copy, etc. individual
objects, not just paint pixels. DeltaCad allows you to zoom in to draw
fine details or zoom out to see the whole drawing.
DeltaCad can be extended, by writing your own custom macros. You can use macros to automatically create objects,
or to read in data, which you have drawn.
DeltaCad can be used for Drafting, House plans, Decks, Landscape design,
Newsletters, Brochures, Flyers, Graphs & Charts, Presentations, Instructions,
Office or Furniture Layouts, Technical Illustrations, Business Cards, Forms,
Signs, Labels, Organization Charts, Flow Charts, Home or School projects,
Maps, Schematics, Pretty Pictures, etc.
DeltaCad includes the following features:
- Simplified user interface makes it easy to learn and use.
- On-Screen instructions help guide the user.
- Draws accurately scaled pictures with absolute precision.
- Draws points, lines, circles, ellipses, arcs, splines, text, dimensions, squares, rectangles, triangles, or any misc. shape (Filled or Empty).
- Display bitmap (.BMP) files in your drawing.
- Reads and Writes .DWG, .DXF, and .DXB files.
- Pastes pictures into your favorite word processor.
- Create your own symbols.
- Calculate length and area.
- Contains a full feature macro programming language. BASIC for Windows, or AppleScript for Mac
- Creates solid, hidden, center, phantom, cutting, break, stitch, arrow, or double arrow lines, or many different cross-hatch patterns.
- Easily Zoom in and out and move to any part of the drawing.
- Automatic object snapping makes it easy to create drawings exactly to scale.
- Edit, move, copy, mirror, rotate, scale, change color, change line type, change cross-hatch pattern, change line weight of any object.
- Undo or Redo the last 50 operations.
- Edits any two lines to create a corner, radius, or chamfer.
- Comes complete with many sample drawings and symbol libraries.
- Supports Metric or English units in decimal or fractions.
- Reads and writes .DXF files for compatibility with other CAD programs.
- True 32 bit program for improved performance.
- Print Preview shows what the print will look like.
- Rubber banding helps show how objects will look as they are being drawn.
- Objects may be grouped into a single object to save memory, and simplify the drawing. Groups may be easily
edited, ungrouped, or copied to other parts of the drawing.
- Create Bill-of-Materials from grouped objects.
- Works well on older computers.